Wednesday, November 25, 2015

An Old West Blast from the Past on WIP It Up Wednesday






















Travel back with me to 1880 and Laramie, Wyoming for the stories of three tall, handsome as sin brothers who find the woman of their dreams dropped in their laps unexpectedly.  Honorable men that they are, they do everything in their power to protect their women, even from themselves and their often impulsive, reckless ways no matter the altruism behind their mischief. 


My newest in the series is Wild Wisteria, which is written to stand alone, so you can start there. However, if you want to find out how it all began, I’m here to tempt you with a snippet from Marshal’s Law.  Either way, you’ll find each brother’s story full of good old-fashioned Wild West action, starring sexy cowboys, endearing and sassy heroines, as well as danger, drama, passion and a whole lot of steam in the bedroom. 

Enjoy…


An excerpt from Marshal's Law:


“Doc, hold up. I’ve got a young gal who needs seeing to.”

“I was just about to head on home, Marshal. You almost missed me. Bring her right in and set her on the examination table.”

“No, I’m fine.” Her feeble attempt at a protest came out in a whispered, husky voice. “Please, I just need to lie still for a bit. Then I can call my parents to pick me up.”

Janelle’s protests were ignored, however, as she was jostled and placed on a hard surface. The room had a strong pungent odor, like nail polish remover. Not the strong, sterile, antiseptic smell of a usual doctor’s office. Looking around, she was shocked at her surroundings. Rough wood plank cabinets and floors, an old, wooden cane-backed wheelchair, and was that a hand pump at the sink? It looked like something she had seen in an Old West museum in an amusement park once. She tried to sit up, wondering what in the world was going on.

“Lay back now, miss. You’ve got a nasty cut on your forehead” the doctor stated the obvious before looking up at the marshal. “She’s going to need stitches, Aaron.”

“Technically, she’s my prisoner, so I’ll cover the expense.”

“That wasn’t my worry. This is likely to hurt, and I’m out of chloroform. I’ll have to use the ether.”

Ether? Chloroform? Dear God, had she heard him correctly? Was she dreaming, or trapped in some sort of old west delusion? It seemed very real to her, and she couldn’t just lie there meekly and do nothing.

“Are you freaking nuts? You can’t use ether! At the very least, you’ll blow us all to kingdom come with that shit. Not to mention, I’ll probably never wake up from it.” Her vision was finally starting to clear a bit, and she looked up into the face of a startled white-haired gentleman who she assumed was ‘Doc’. “Don’t you have some butterfly bandages or steri-strips? Just clean it up with some Betadine. Who the hell uses ether for a gash on the head, for crying out loud?”

“Marshal, I barely understand a word coming out of this poor child’s mouth. Except for the cuss words, that is. She must have taken quite a blow; she’s addled.”

“I am not addled, sir. I am a registered nurse and know what I’m saying. Give me a mirror, and I’ll do it myself.”

“But—”

“Give me a minute with her, will you, Doc?” The familiar deep voice captured Janelle’s attention, and she turned her head toward its source. Her jaw gaped in amazement, because looming over her, not an inch away, was the spitting image of Joe Manganiello, her favorite werewolf from her favorite show—True Blood. His dark hair and soulful brown eyes, along with the scruff of a dark beard, were the same as werewolf Joe’s from her sexy dreams. Only this man was taller, hotter, and a lot more muscular. He also appeared to be a heck of a lot angrier.

The doctor nodded, tucking a soft wad of linen into her hand. He quickly gave her instructions to hold pressure against the wound to slow the bleeding and then quietly left the room.

As soon as the door clicked shut, Joe’s lookalike walked closer to the table and stared down at her. “Let’s get some things straight, right now. You will do exactly what the doctor says; you will do it politely and will thank him when he is done. And if I hear another foul or disrespectful word out of your mouth, I will turn you over my knee and paddle your little butt until you can’t sit for a week. Is that understood?”

Stunned, her mouth gaped open in disbelief. Who did this guy think he was? Talk about a mood swing, sexy Marshal Joe had just flown out the window and been replaced by some jerk wad with a spanking fetish. “How dare you! You can’t talk to me that way and threaten to… to… spank me! That’s police brutality or harassment, or something. I read police novels and watch TV, you know.”

Ignoring her protests, he eyed her curiously, then began asking questions. “Do you live around here? Where is your husband or family?”

“I’m from Cheyenne, and I don’t have a husband. Listen, I was driving up I-80 to Salt Lake to visit my parents.” She dabbed at her wound with the cloth. “It’s all a little fuzzy, but the highway was wet from rain and crowded with semis or tractor trailers—whatever you call those big trucks. I was sleepy after working last night, so I must have fallen asleep at the wheel. The next thing I remember was waking up in that nasty jail cell.”

“He’s right, you’re addle-headed. Doc, you’d better get back in here.”


Buy Links:






The blurb:

When Janelle Prescott is thrown from her car as it careens off of an icy road, she expects to wake up in a hospital. Instead, to her utter disbelief, she wakes up in a jail cell which looks like something from an old western movie set. It is there, hurt and alone, with no idea what happened or how she will get back home, that Janelle first meets Aaron Jackson. As she regains her wits, however, Janelle realizes that something is terribly amiss, and her worst fears are confirmed when she learns that Aaron is the marshal of Cheyenne County, Wyoming… and the year is 1878.

When an injured, apparently addle-headed woman falls into his lap, Aaron takes it upon himself to keep her safe and nurse her back to health. Truth be told, he is instantly attracted to her despite her sharp tongue and her bizarre story—a story which he is quickly forced by the evidence to accept as genuine. After Aaron takes her under his wing and into his family’s home, the two clash frequently, but Aaron is more than ready to lay down the law… even if that means a good, hard, bare-bottom spanking for this feisty brat from another era.

Having little choice, Janelle must learn how to live as a woman in 1878, including submitting to the firm-handed marshal who, in spite of everything, seems to have laid claim to her heart. 






Jackson's Justice on Amazon                       Wild Wisteria on Amazon


Follow Maddie online at the following links:




Thanks for dropping in today, make sure to visit the other WIP It Up Wednesday blogs for more sexy, steamy excerpts.

No comments:

Post a Comment