Wednesday, April 16, 2014

In the spotlight on Wicked Wanton Wednesday: Mary Wehr



Again, a cartoon that has nothing to do with my post today, other than OTK.  But that's enough, isn't it?
I love Betty Boop for some reason.  She looks like she's a bit ticked and ready to give her man what for,  though.  Will she never learn, silly girl. 
My guest author today, is the lovely and charming Mary Wehr.    She writes about stern, sexy spanking kind of men who won't take crap from their woman, but at the same time they are loving and caring and HOT!  Woohee!!!  That's my kind of man.
Mary is a new author friend of mine, so please give her a great big Wicked Wanton welcome as we take a look at her newest release,
Just Right For Me
The Blurb

            Mia Adam’s disapproved of her sister’s Domestic Discipline marriage, but when her old flame comes back to town and suggests they give domestic discipline a whirl, she changes her mind.  She still regrets the day she had lost her temper and sent Ross Garrison running for the hills.  She’d do anything for a second chance.

            Ross Garrison returned to Pennsylvania to attend his aunt’s funeral and hopefully get a second chance with the woman who had stolen his heart so long ago. Mia possessed a temper to rival the devil and had a penchant for jumping to conclusions, but Ross was no longer the young man who avoided drama as much as possible. He had matured during his stint in the Marines and was quite capable of taming his wildcat with a good old-fashioned spanking or two.

            Mia’s childhood lacked love and discipline and the uncle she thought would always be there for her had betrayed her in the worst possible way. Could she put aside her trust issues and allow Ross to know what was good for her even though her bottom would more than likely suffer the consequences?
Just Right for Me Excerpt




Feeling much better after her shower, Mia pulled on a pair of jeans and short sleeve T-shirt. Humming to herself, she went into the bedroom and saw Ross standing there with his arms folded across his chest. He strode toward her and she opened her mouth to speak, but could only squeak as he bent down and tossed her over his shoulder.

“Ross,” Mia exclaimed. “What in the world do you think you’re doing?”

“Giving you what you asked for.”

“And what the hell was that?” She knew she should be angry with his caveman tactics, but instead her nipples hardened and a twinge of arousal sparked between her legs. She had to show him that she wasn’t some meek female so she pounded her fists on his back, which in turn earned her a sharp smack on her rear. She gasped in outrage.

“Behave or this good girl spanking will turn into a bad girl spanking mighty quick.”

Mia ceased struggling and hung limp over his shoulder, enjoying the view of his taut backside. She cupped his ass and moaned. “My, my, you are naughty,” he scolded. Sitting on the edge of the bed, he upended her over his knee. “The jeans have got to go.” He reached under her belly and flicked open the snap. Mia lifted her hips so he could pull down the zipper and divest her of her pants. She smiled at his sharp intake of breath. He squeezed first one bare globe of flesh and then the other. “Mia Adams, you aren’t wearing any panties.” His raspy tone touched her very soul.

Blushing Books-  http://bit.ly/1kTyPQq


Barnes and Nobels http://bit.ly/1hKbjkS





Maddie’s Intimate Authors Corner:

MT:  Mary is in the interview hot seat today, (or maybe she has a hot seat today, either way… this should be fun).  I love these interviews because we get to see a little behind the scenes action and find out what makes our favorite authors tick.  Thanks for playing along today Mary.

MT: How much of your books are realistic, based on your own personal experiences?

MW: When it comes to my heroes, not a one…lol! Just kidding. My heroes may come off as stern, but they’re also very caring and truly love their ladies. My husband is a kind and caring man, but he knows how to lay down the law tooJ

MT: How same/different are you from your main character?

MW:  In my newest book, ‘Just Right for Me’ I have to admit I have a short temper like Mia and I’m very quick to jump to conclusions. Actually, all my heroines have short tempers, that’s why they need a spanking 

MT:  Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? 

MW:  I try to write about common problems some of us may have, like depression, or jumping to conclusions or jealousy. My first story, ‘A Heart’s Endeavor’ tackled the subject of depression.

MT:  What advice would you give to aspiring writers? 

MW:  My advice is, if you truly want to be a writer then stick with it no matter how may times you get rejected. Out there, somewhere, is an editor who will like your story. Be sure to check the publishers guidelines and genre to make sure you’re sending the type of story they are looking for.

MT:  OK, enough about in depth author type stuff.  How about we move on to the fun part of the interview.  Let's talk about you, personally.   What are you reading right now?  Or what have you read most recently?

MW:  Let’s see, the last story I read was ‘The Sheriff Wears Pants’, by Joannie Kay.

MT:  Favorite author/why?

MW:  Sandra Hill is my all time favorite author. Her Viking Romances got it all, humor, sexy men and hot love scenes.

MT:  Favorite movie/why?

MW:  My favorite movie is ‘The Mask of Zorro’. Antonio Banderas is hot;)

MT:  Love a man with an accent, Yum!  What is the trait or characteristic you find most appealing about your significant other/spouse? 

MW:  My husband has a lot of patience, which is a good thing because he’s married to me…lol. He also makes me laugh. He’s got a dry sense of humor, which is another good thing, especially during the rough times. And, let’s face it, we all go through rough times, once in a while.

MT:  Does he/she read your work?  Either way, why or why not?

MW:  Hubs has yet to read my books. I doubt he ever will. It may be because he’s not a fan of romance novels. Maybe if my hero played baseball, he might give it a shot.

MT:  Favorite spanking position and/or implement, why?

MW:  I like the old fashioned way-over the knee, as for an implement, a sexy hot guy holding a belt turns me on, but I’d probably start crying my head off way before he’d hit me with it. I can be such a baby.

MT:  Least favorite spanking position and/or implement, why?

MW:  I don’t like to bend over a chair or table. It’s too impersonal that way. A wooden spoon can bite. Yikes!

MT:  Best spanking memory.

MW:  LOL. When I was dating I danced the night away with another guy while my date watched. He was fuming. ‘He’ is now my husband. Anyway, when he was driving me home, he didn’t wait to spank me in my driveway, he pulled over on the side of the road. Now, even after 35 years of marriage whenever we pass that certain spot we have to smile.

MT:  Biggest guilty pleasure, for which you are willing to risk a spanking.

MW:  I love the outdoors. Sometimes, I like to get the ladder out and go up on the roof when hubs isn’t home. Doing that gets me into lots of trouble. One time he came home early and it was a stare down. Unfortunately, I couldn’t stay on the roof foreverL

Thanks for joining me today Mary.  Come back when you have a new one to feature!  Loved having you on. 

2 comments: